Content and SEO Manager
As our Content and SEO Manager, you’ll own all of Feather’s creative and content touchpoints. You’ll work with different stakeholders like design, operations, product, and marketing to ensure a consistent ton of voice while editing existing and supplying new content with the ambition to build a unique brand and drive short and long-term results.
At Feather, we’re developing digital insurance products that actually matter and have a positive impact on our customers. We provide digital sign-ups, documents, and customer service in English. Because of this, we’ve already hit a good product-market fit.
We’re currently a team of 50 people and ready to expand our product to as many EU countries as possible. To do this, we’ll need to grow the team -- which is where you come in!
Why work at Feather?
- Work for a Berlin-based company remotely or in person (if you are not based in Germany, you need to be a maximum +/- 1 hour time zone difference to Berlin and within the EU).
- Small team, flat hierarchy, and mission-driven. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small, lean, and we love what we're doing.
- €1,200 annual learning budget. You can spend this on educating yourself: books, conferences, classes, etc.
- €500 office furnishing budget. On top of all the company equipment that you'll be getting (MacBook, Monitor…), you'll be able to spend €500 on a nice and comfortable home office setup.
What you bring to the table
- You have experience applying SEO and UX principles to web and app platforms.
- You have a creative mindset and passion for writing and editing content.
- You have experience briefing and managing content freelancers and/or creative teams.
- You have a proven history of managing high-quality content in blog posts, social media posts, landing pages, etc.
- You are proficient in English, Speaking any other language is a plus.
- Experience with WordPress, Figma, and Miro is a plus.
- Creative scriptwriting is a plus.
You'll be responsible for
- You will drive and shape the content marketing strategy for our products to enable our ambitious revenue growth plan.
- You will build and manage our SEO plan.
- You will own and manage the end-to-end ideation and production process for editorial and video content, including briefing, reviewing, writing, editing, and delivery.
- You will write and coordinate content for a wide range of communication channels including our blog, landing pages, emails, advertising copy, and social media.
- You will translate value propositions into compelling language for your peers in the marketing and product teams.
- You will review, edit, and improve content written by internal and external stakeholders including agencies and freelancers.
- You will analyse and improve existing content on our website and blog following UX and SEO principles.
- You will set clear goals and analyze content impact over time, track performance across channels, and provide recommendations to different stakeholders.
- You will establish then become the go-to-person for Feather’s tone of voice.
What will the interview process look like?
- Initial call — We’ll have a chat and get to know each other (45min)
- Take-home task — We'll give you a task to work on, which will give you an idea of the type of projects you'd take on at Feather (2-3h)
- Take-home task discussion — We'll go through the task to work on together, so we make sure that we understand your reasoning and approach (75min)
- Founder interview — You’ll be speaking to one of our founders (30min)
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Apply now!
- At Feather, we continuously work to have inclusive representation within our teams and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture.
- We also encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.
Feather was founded in 2018 by Rob Schumacher and Vincent Audoire after both of them struggled to navigate the insurance system in Germany (even though they are European). They wanted to create insurance products that were as simple as they knew it could be.
That’s why we’re building insurance to make all interactions easier and more transparent: from signing up and filing a claim to canceling. Our goal is to give people honest, unbiased advice, with the information they need to make the right decision. And, because of how complicated insurance is, we offer tools, articles, and support where people can reach out to a human about problems or questions they have.
Currently, Feather has helped people from over 150 countries get insurance digitally and is expanding quickly.