Customer support agent
A customer support role for insurance? We know what it sounds like, but that’s why we need you to help us change things. At Feather, our support team are all experts in the insurance industry. They use our messaging platform to answer questions through text and schedule calls.
And the best part? There is no sales incentive. We want our team to be completely honest about what a person should do, even if it means not signing up for one of our plans if theirs is already the best fit.
When you start on our team, you’ll build the same insurance knowledge from our seasoned support team by watching them during calls, sending out messages with your team’s help, and practicing with other team members before slowly taking customer calls (30% of the work) and messages (70% of the work).
If you enjoy helping people, then you don’t need to look any further. Insurance is a really complex topic, and one that people are really confused about, so you’ll be guiding them to the best solution while using tech to make the experience more accessible and simple.
Don’t believe us? Check out our Trustpilot and Google reviews.
Why work at Feather?
- Work for a Berlin-based company remotely or in person. We have company dinners and retreats, where we do some cool things like go bowling, go to restaurants, and general fun.
- Small team, flat hierarchy, and mission-driven. The usual buzzwords here, except we actually mean them. We’re small, lean, and we love what we're doing.
- You’ll never have to do the typical sales pitch. We really just want you to help find the best solution for the customer.
- €1200 annual learning budget. You can spend this on educating yourself: books, conferences, classes, etc.
- €500 office furnishing budget. On top of all the company equipment that you'll be getting (MacBook, Monitor, keyboard, …) you'll be able to spend €500 on a nice and comfortable home office setup.
What you bring to the table
- +2 years of relevant experience in customer support or insurance (sales, marketing, or a similar field)
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to recognize urgent matters and prioritize / balance customer inquires
- Fluent in Business English
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- You love talking to people: you will be in touch with customers in calls or through messages, so talking to people should be something important to you
Not needed, but nice to have
- Personal experience as an expat living in a country away from home
- University degree in Business, Finance, Strategic Planning, Law, or similar related field
- Fluent in Business German, Spanish, and/or French
You'll be responsible for
- Answer customer queries through email and calls
- Effectively deal with customer issues, only diving deep into the detail when necessary
- Answer customers within one working day with the team
- Respond to urgent requests within one hour during working hours with the team
- Communicate with insurance partners when necessary to update the status of applications, claims, etc.
- Support with application and claims processes
What will the interview process look like?
- Together with submitting your application, we’ll need you to complete this case study
- If we enjoy your profile and case study response, you’ll be invited for a first interview through a video call to get to know each other (30 minutes)
- The second call will be with a team lead, where you’ll have the chance to ask any further questions you have about Feather and the Customer support role
- The final call will be for you to talk about any expectations you have and review information from the first two calls
- Then you’re all finished, and we’ll send the offer
Does this sound like a good fit for you? Apply now!
- At Feather, we continuously work to have inclusive representation within our teams and embrace a diverse mix of talent to contribute to our culture.
- We also encourage people without degrees to apply: we believe that what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important than on-paper qualifications.
Feather was founded in 2018 by Rob Schumacher and Vincent Audoire after both of them struggled to navigate the insurance system in Germany (even though they are European). They wanted to create insurance products that were as simple as they knew it could be.
That’s why we’re building insurance to make all interactions easier and more transparent: from signing up and filing a claim to canceling. Our goal is to give people honest, unbiased advice, with the information they need to make the right decision. And, because of how complicated insurance is, we offer tools, articles, and support where people can reach out to a human about problems or questions they have.
Currently, Feather has helped people from over 150 countries get insurance digitally and is expanding quickly.